Activated charcoal is quite possibly mother nature’s most useful tool for detoxifying and cleansing the skin. And let’s be honest, if beauty gurus like Kim Kardashian and Gwyneth Paltrow swear by adding this product into their own personal beauty routines, who are we to say otherwise.
Activated charcoal happens to be a powerful detoxifier as well as a gentle exfoliator, and when you combine that with the moisturizing, purifying and pH balancing effects of raw honey, and the brightening properties of fresh lemon, you’ve got yourself a winning combination for clear, healthy skin. To think, there are three incredible food-grade products out there that can have just as many benefits inside, as well as outside of your body, in one harmonious blend.
The best part? Add this same trio of superfoods to a chilled glass of filtered water and you've got yourself a refreshing elixir to cleanse you from the inside out!
What are the benefits of using Yourlixir’s Activated Charcoal?
- Balance your skin’s pH
- Detoxifying properties
- Cleans dirt out of your pores
- Gentle exfoliator
- Treats skin conditions like acne
- Soothes bug bites, scrapes, irritations
- Removes excess oils
What you’ll need:
- Yourlixir activated charcoal (use your discretion)
- ½ tsp raw organic honey
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- Glass bowl
- Small spatula or spoon
- Mix a very small amount of Yourlixir Activated Charcoal with a ½ a tablespoon of raw honey and ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. *Note that this amount may change depending on how thick you’d prefer your mask to be and how much surface area you’ll be covering, but when it comes to activated charcoal, a little bit goes a very long way.
- Use your small spatula, spoon or fingers to smear the paste onto your skin and let it dry for at least 15 minutes before rinsing.
- When you’re ready to rinse, use lukewarm water and your fingertips to gently massage the mask off in circular motions. Once you’ve removed all of the paste, splash your face with cold water to seal the pores and lock in the moisture.
*It is recommended to use the mask on your face, neck and chest. You may also use your mixture as a spot treatment for unsightly zits. (Keep in mind that activated but can leave some nasty stains on other materials, so use precaution.)
*Use all of the mixture once made. If you must save to reuse it, put it in a sealed container and store in the fridge.
*Use 2-3 times per week
Enjoy your soft, supple skin and feel free to drop us a comment telling us about your results!
Leave a comment